Thursday, January 17, 2008

A new FO

Here they are folks, the felted slippers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
So, you are probably thinking "Wow, she is proud of THOSE? They look kinda funny and a little big. Does she have a Sasquatch?" To that I reply, 'No, silly, they have to be felted.'
"Felted? Whatchu mean felted? We don't knit. We were here before this became a boring knitting (and sometimes crocheting) blog. Whatchu talkin bout Willis?"
'I know, I know. I've got pictures. Not only do I have pictures, I have pictures of HER wearing them.'

They could probably stand to be felted a little more. Perhaps I will later (basically just washing them in mucho hot water).

And, just so we can tell the left from the right easily I added this sweet little embroidered detail.

6 people are laughing with me:

The Wades said...

adorable--both sweet pea and the slippers!

Shelly said...

I am impressed!! Could you give classes via the blog!! LOL

Auntie Nee said...

LOVE IT!!!! Both the baby and booties

Barbara said...

Very cute. I crocheted some booties for my husband's niece, but never thought about felting -- very clever. Of course I was guessing size, which I suppose you can't do when they're snug. I think she needs some more, mama!

Jessica Gordon said...

So Cute! You have been making the coolest, cutest things!!! I want to learn just so I can make myself a brown hat like you made your sis, or was it your aunt? Those little slippers are so cute, almost as cute as Sweet pea!

Amy said...

Those are awesome! Regina you are doing so well! You really blow my mind!