Friday, November 9, 2007

In Honor of Our Vets

Rest In Peace Scott Duffman & Doug Zembiec!!!!

Yesterday was the 232nd birthday of the United States Marine Corps, and today is Veterans Day.

As a former Marine, I would like to wish all of my Marine brothers a happy birthday! To all veterans I would like to say thank you!

I served, but only in a reserve capacity and I never fought in a war. For that I am both grateful and regretful. I am grateful that I am still here to raise my family, to praise God, and to be a good American. I am regretful because I had not the courage to lay down my life for my country. There is no greater respect than the respect I have for every serviceman who has served this country.

This year has brought news of the death of two men I called friends. Two men who died on the battlefield defending the rights that we take for granted. I only hope that my son grows to be half the man that Scott and Doug were. There is nothing greater than the sacrifice these men endured to ensure our rights.

Godspeed to Scott & Doug! We pray that God has accepted you into heaven and you are looking down upon us today.

Technical Sergeant Scott E. Duffman USAF

Scott E. Duffman died on February 18, 2007. Scott was a PJ in the Air Force and was out on a mission when his CH-47 helicopter crashed in Afghanistan. He was married and had a 5 month old daughter at the time of his death. Scott served his country well and died defending our freedom. May God bless you Scott and may you rest in peace.




Major Douglas A. Zembiec USMC


Doug was one of the finest men I have ever known. Doug died heroically in battle on May 10, 2007. He was well known as the "Unapologetic Warrior," and "The Lion of Fallujah." He is survived by a wife and a one year old daughter(at the time of his death). May God bless you Doug and may you rest in peace.







If you don't know these men, you need to google them. They, like every serviceman who fights and dies for you is important, and you should know them.










HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINE CORPS!!!!!

The USMC, 232 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. I was born in a bomb crater, my mother was an M-60 and my father the Devil himself. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I'm a hard looking, hard loving, raving shark of the sea. I'm cocky, self-centered, overbearing, hard as a rock, and I do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster made of blood and guts who arose from the sea and whose sole purpose in life is to perpetuate death and destruction upon festering anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise and when my time comes, I'll die a glorious death on the battlefield giving my life to Mom, apple pie, Suzy, and the American Flag. We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the rope from the Army, and on the 7th day while God rested, we over ran His perimeter and stole the Globe. We have been running the show ever since. We live like Spartans, talk like Gladiators, and slap the hell out of both at the same time. Marine by day, Lover by night, drunkard by choice, United States Marine by act of God!
(author unknown to me).


SEMPER FI!
HOORAH!

3 people are laughing with me:

Jessica Gordon said...

What a wonderful post Tug! And such a beautiful tribute to those men! We have been blessed to have these men and others like them serving and defending our country. May God Reward them for it!

Auntie Nee said...

May God Bless Scott and Doug and THANK YOU!!!!!

The Wades said...

Chills, chills, chills! Beautiful job! And yes, God bless Scott and Doug and their families! Thank you so much for your ultimate sacrifice! Happy Veteran's Day to all Vets out there!