Thursday, November 29, 2007

Nighttime routines

Tug and I have different sleeping needs. He needs to cuddle, I need my space. We have a larger than needed king-size bed that HE insisted we buy. I distinctly remember his sales pitch to me being "We won't even have to touch!" Well, I took him up on it and he has reneged. Now he insists that he can't go to sleep without spooning first. I indulge him--he gets 5 or 10 minutes of spoons. As soon as I hear him snoring I nudge him with my elbow, we kiss, say I love you then he rolls to his side and I sprawl out on mine. During spooning we usually talk a little about our day. Actually I should say I talk to him. On more than one occasion he has fallen asleep while I am mid-sentence then try to recover by muttering some completely off topic response. Other times he gets mad because I ask him work questions which he says get his brain going and now he will never be able to fall asleep--though he is often snoring within a few minutes. Gosh, tangent again. So last nights spoon convo went a little something like this:
R: Did you check out the blog today?
T: Um, I don't know. Maybe, why?
R: Cuz there is the cutest picture of Sweet Pea...
T: Oh yeah. She has a huge smile in it.
R: I know. She does have a big smile and a huge cheesy hat!
Tug then kinda laughed, kinda exhaled a big breath.
Silence.
I gently moved my foot forward then back again allowing my heel to find his shin.
T: Her hat isn't cheesy honey.

2 people are laughing with me:

Amy said...

LOL!! Sounds like many a conversation between Hubby and me!

The Wades said...

I love, "On more than one occasion he has fallen asleep while I am mid-sentence then try to recover by muttering some completely off topic response." Must be universal. Funny stuff!