Monday, January 26, 2009

There's nothing quite like

doing a zumba class and thinking "I look alright. I'm keeping up and not missing any of the moves. I used to dance  all the time, I can still 'get low' like the instructor said." Then the lady in front of you moves over slightly and you get a full floor-to-ceiling mirror view of yourself and you realize nope, that hop wasn't the 2 feet of air you thought you were getting (more like 2 inches) and grey sweatpants don't do much to curb your elephant look-a-likeness. 


Who in the world thought floor-to-ceiling mirrors were a good idea?

9 people are laughing with me:

The Wades said...

you're too funny! Impressed that you go to zumba. I bet you look great. And it wasn't me--the one who thought of the mirrors. Not at all!

Sara said...

It was a man.

Shelly said...

LOL!!
i'm impressed that you *go* somewhere to workout - not my thing.
and i'm only assuming here - zumba is some sort of dance exercise-y thing?

Keri said...

I've never heard of zumba, either. Is it like jazzercise?

So are you going to do a "give-away" for those socks, or what?

Amy said...

Ah, like my Wii Fit keeps telling me, "While you are working out envision the body you would like to have."
LOL

elm said...

ZUMBA? hmmmm. that is new to me. NOT on my dancing with the stars dvd!

Shelly said...

it's gotta be a west coast thing. but it could also be totally 'the thing' and i wouldn't know! LOL

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Really vain people who were tall and skinny and had beautiful, pantene hair, and look good in spandex thought of those things. THEN, they discovered that if they work out and pump iron, they are extra muscley and even more buff so they thought, "Hey, let's put in mirrors that show our WHOLE bodies so we can admire them as we pump it up!". Let's throw jelly rolls at those people. Stupid people.

Aubrey said...

That's funny! The people who owned our house before us put this great mirror up in the hall that makes us all look really skinny. I think that I get the most out of it. I always have to pause when walking past it after I've seen reality in the bathroom mirror. ;)