Thursday, April 3, 2008

Movie Meme

As per Jessica's request, here are 5 critically acclaimed movies that I do not like. 


1. The rules do not say that you have to have seen the movie so I will first pick Brokeback Mountain.  I wish I knew how to quit you...

2. Again with the haven't seen it route Lord of the Rings (all of them). I actually have tried watching them but always fall asleep.

3. I too thought Napoleon Dynamite sucked. In high school Dazed and Confused was a popular movie that my friends thought was great. I watched it one night and thought it totally dumb. I watched another time with the dazed enhancement and thought it hilarious. I am guessing Napoleon is much the same but since I am no longer an enhancer (and haven't been since high school) I don't think I will ever find it funny.

4. So I might get reamed on this one but I don't like It's a Wonderful Life. Perhaps I enjoyed it the first time but come on, EVERY year, all Christmas season...it's played. I am not the type who can watch movies over and over and over again. Once is enough—twice if I really liked it. 

5. And finally I would have to say The Exorcist. Heeby jeebies!! I literally just shuttered. To make things worse one of my three girls is named Regan...guess what the possessed little girl's name is. Why did people tell me this AFTER we had named her? It is also the name of King Lear's bitchy daughter, I did know this one though (let the record show that Tug has never liked the name). 

5 people are laughing with me:

Shelly said...

I'll give you at least 2 movies that I'm *always* in the minority:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
*and*
Forrest Gump

Why are they both names of people that start with "f"...I have no idea. While *everybody* loves these movies, i don't really care for them.

Am I alone?

Salve, sancta parens! said...

So glad to hear that you don't like Napoleon Dynamite! I liked It's a Wonderful Life... But, I agree in that I don't like to watch it over and over. I liked Lord of the Rings. Never saw the other two. Thanks for playing along! :)

Salve, sancta parens! said...

Oh, Shelly, I agree.. I didn't like the two you listed either! You not alone. :)

Anonymous said...

nice... Sean was signed in... Those comments were from me...

The Wades said...

I liked Ferris and Forrest.

Enhancer? Really? Who knew?