Friday, March 28, 2008

Where to begin

My internet has not been working today. This happens on occasion when Charter is doing work in the neighborhood and I figured today was one of those days, especially since I saw a Charter truck being pulled out of a ditch in our area just yesterday. I couldn't take it any longer so I called Charter about an hour ago to see what was up. Turns out our service was disconnected because the payment I made was returned from the bank for insufficient funds. WHAT?? I always have some 'float' money in the account because the money we use to pay the rent comes from Tug's 15th of the month paystub, and just sits in our account until it is due on the first so, though I already deduct it from my check ledger, that 'extra' money is there. Since I couldn't verify my bank account stuff without my internet I just paid it again via credit card over the phone. Once the internet was back up I checked my account and, sure enough, there is plenty of money in it but there is also no Charter deduction. Best I can figure is I entered a number wrong since each time you have to re-enter your check account # and the bank routing # (but neither the guy on the phone nor Charter online will show me the numbers I entered). Annoying. 

On to funner things (no, funner isn't a word). Last night Tug and I went out on a date. We went to dinner at a local steak place (WAY overpriced for what we got but it was worth a try, lesson learned) then to watch Vantage Point—decent enough flick. Renee was sweet enough to watch the kids. I am teaching her to crochet (her choice over knitting) and she is working on a purse that she will felt. We went to the local yarn store yesterday so she could get her own hooks and possibly some yarn. Turns out the LYS has mostly knitting needles, and are assholes. Boo was walking to another area of the store and tripped then landed on the bottom ledge of a book holder which really hurt so she started crying. I was walking towards that section when the yarn store worker comes up to me and says "Will you go get her!" I apologize profusely, get annoyed with Boo, start to get frazzled, and send the kids and Renee to the car while I pay for my hank. I ask biotch to wind the yarn—turns out she can be nice but only because she can't get it to wind correctly. It took about 15 minutes and she didn't even finish, I finally said I would just take it and finish getting the knots out at home. Once back in the car I apologize to Boo saying I know it was an accident and that I shouldn't have gotten mad at her. Poor thing has a pretty wicked bruise on her leg. I think I might stick to the internet for future yarn purchases...I really want some Socks that Rock-Rooster Rock
And, on that knitting note, I finally finished the Thorpe hat. I REALLY need to work on my joining when using circulars (as can be seen in the second pic) but overall I am pretty pleased. I am still afraid of dpn's so instead I used the magic loop method (one circular) and I think it looks just fine.  I don't love this colorway but I didn't want to buy any new yarn so this is the best I came up with from my stash.

4 people are laughing with me:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love the colors...

Jessica Gordon said...

Aahh! Poor Boo!! I think I would stick to the internet (if you can keep it active :) ) after that rude lady!

We really need to do a kiddie swap once a month so You & Tug and Sean & I can go on dates. Let me know when I can take your kids next! I'm serious!!!

The hat is darling... Especially on Sugar!

Amy said...

The hat is great! And sorry about Middleford. Humph. I haven't been to impressed the last times i have been there either. They have a very limited selection and generally over-priced.

The Wades said...

Poor muffin. Rude lady. Cute hat. love