Sunday, January 17, 2010

lookin

for a new place to live. UGH.
We knew it was only a matter of time until we would have to move out of our current house. Unfortunately the time is coming sooner rather than the later we had hoped for. While they aren't making us leave that soon, Tug and I don't want to live in a house that is on the market so we will likely be out by March 1.

Moving in all my pregnant glory. . . should be fun!!

Sad news is we are likely going to have to get rid of the dog. I have found a total of ZERO houses allowing a dog over 50 lbs. Good news is we know 2 families that would want him, so if we do have to get rid of him it will be to a good home.

We are hoping to stay in the same area we are currently in, but are having a bit of a hard time finding something within our price range in this same area (not many areas of our current city are super great so that limits us a bit). I am at the Y 5 days a week so staying close to it would be nice. Of course I could drive 25 minutes each way and have a view like this.
Of course we can't actually afford that view. The view we can afford is more like this:




Yes, no view. Tug is also going to be out of town the first week of February for work (going to Alaska) so that should make things doubly fun! Oh and the kids are already crying at the prospect of giving up the dog.

Fun times all around!!!

11 people are laughing with me:

Therese said...

oh what a pain. Prayers for your children and you as you prepare to move. I hope your new house is so fantastic that you are glad you have moved.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a good, relaxful, peaceful resolution. Is there any way you can buy what you are in? Work out some kind of CD option?

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Did I miss the post where you said you were pregnant?! I didn't know that! COngrats...when are you due? SOrry you ahve to move, sorrier (I know, that's not even a word) that you might have to give up the dog. Good luck to you finding a great place....

Sara said...

How sad! I hope you find the perfect place and it all goes smoothly.

Auntie Nee said...

That stinks. I was informed of the move by Tug but I didn't know Woody would have to go!!!

Erin said...

:( Sad. Sorry to hear that. Wish we could take Woody.

shellzzz said...

I was wondering the same thing as Paula. Is there a way to buy the house your in? I've never rented, but I want to think what you are paying in rent on the house would be very similar to the monthly mortgage? I know here there are rent-to-own programs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_to_own#Real_estate

Don't know if that would be an option for you, but worth looking in to...

Sarah - Kala said...

I have to move every now and again, as you know, and boy it's a royal pain in the rump, but pregnant, too? Holy heck-ola. PRAYERS! I pray you find what you need in your price range as soon as possible. It would be nice to have that view, but . . . My parents used to have a view of Puget Sound and today, the trees have grown tall and houses have gone up . . . no more view.

Lena said...

I've been in your situation while pregnant and on bed rest. This to will pass! You will be in my prayers.
Pax Christi - Lena

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I hope the new place works well for you and maybe is closer to the Y. I hate moving but I REALLY hate moving with no help and when pregnant (did it once).

Aubrey said...

:(

Hope that everything works out for you!!