Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dog new tricks

Backstory~when we moved here the girls signed up for gymnastics, so roughly 3 months ago. Though {l} took gymnastics when she was about 3 they are both complete newbies. At gymnastics they do typical newbie things...jump on the trampoline, hang on the bar then drop off, try to learn how to do a cartwheel, you know boring stuff. At home, however, she is trying different things, teaching herself lots of stuff. She loves going from a handstand over into a backbend and, when done landing with her feet on the couch, kicking back over. Today during gymnastics her teacher had the girls try handstands (most couldn't quite get the hand part and instead were doing headstands) but she had {l} do a handstand to a backbend on a higher mat then kick back over. Once we were home I told her to take a cushion off the couch so her feet would be lower to the ground once she landed~she kicked back, no problem. She then decided to try it landing on just the cushion on the ground~again success. Finally I told her to try it just landing on the ground...here is the result; I guess {s} wasn't impressed.  

fyi~{r} can kinda do a handstand but she sticks her butt back too much so not really, but at least it isn't a headstand. sorry for the craptastic grainy video 

7 people are laughing with me:

Erin said...

Wow! Good job, Lauren!

Barbara said...

A video to remember by! Peach does a table top (that's what they call back bends) but she's a fer bit from {l}. She loves gymnastics, though, and I must say she's wonderful on the high balance beam! Your girls are so cute, r.

Auntie Nee said...

Great job Sug. Love it.

elm said...

GREAT JOB!!! :) Happiness is flexibility, eh?

Heather said...

oh my goodness, she held it so long! Craptastic video and all- I'm impressed!

Aubrey said...

Holy cow! I know she's young, but it made my back hurt just to watch! I need to get on the ball and find gymnastics classes for my girls; I bet they'd love it.

Tell her WELL DONE!

A said...

{L}! Great job!!!