Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mourning

It started yesterday, I switched to black, I had no hope. Last night I was proven right. I will have his audacity to hope, though, that he proves me wrong about who he is. I hope he doesn't do to our country what I think he will. 

I fear though that he isn't the Messiah but instead a typical politician. I think I got a glimpse of it last night when, in his acceptance speech, he switched from this being the moment the earth began to be healed and the waters began to recede to instead being a time when he might not be able to get it all done quickly and perhaps not even in this term. Kinda like a movie when at the end the bad guy is presumed dead but you aren't sure-leaving the option for a sequel. In 4 years we are going to hear "Remember way back in 2008 I told you it might not all be done in the first term, to have patience, and you nodded, tears streaming down. Well, I need the next 4 years. And, who knows, perhaps I need 4 years after that....let's have a looksy at that Constitution thingy, folks." 
Let's see if the Dems still think it patriotic to dissent...and to do so (like them) loudly. Or let us see if that only applies to them which will be proven if they, once again, try and push through the Fairness Doctrine. 
Did anyone see his speech last night? I have heard the interjecting style before but can't place it (when he kept saying 'yes we can' or whatever phrase it was). Who is it modeled after-besides that awesome music video?**
And so it begins...a new era in America. Or perhaps just a continuation but on a grander scale. The culture of death is alive and well. We just elected the most pro-choice Senator on record, all abortion initiatives in the country were defeated and this grand state became the second to legalize assisted suicide. 
It could be worse. I could live in MN where Al Franken is threatening to become a Senator. I think I will keep the blog black-at least for one more day. 
**though I am sure her style is modeled after someone else, I remember now where I have heard this before. It was during the Virginia Tech memorial when a lady read a poem and kept saying 'we are Va Tech'

7 people are laughing with me:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it could be worse. You could live here. Norm is ahead by over 1000 votes, but since good-old-Al wants a recount, he gets one. And we the voters pay for it - MN law.

The Wades said...

Bob the Builder--"Can we fix it? YES WE CAN!"

He's Obama the builder. ;)

Sara said...

I couldn't stay up any longer to wait for the speech, so I haven't heard it. I don't need to be sick to my stomach. Does it sound like Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech?

Megan said...

I just happened upon your blog tonight... thank you for such a great post. You made me laugh in spite of the perpetual pit in my stomach all day!

Anonymous said...

Our flag is flying at half mast and will until this Obamanation is over. We mourn the death of America as a nation under God and the deaths of untold numbers of babies.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I remember wearing black for 4 days after Clinton was elected. The country got through that and compared with Obama he doesn't look so bad anymore. I've been de-cluttering to manage my emotions over this election, and trying to pray.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I remember wearing black for 4 days after Clinton was elected. The country got through that and compared with Obama he doesn't look so bad anymore. I've been de-cluttering to manage my emotions over this election, and trying to pray.