Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yum yum yum

This past Thursday my new bff Erica invited us up to her section of Oregon for some strawberry picking. It is about 45 minutes North...this picture was taken by me on I-5 on the way (driving while talking on a cell phone may be illegal but driving while taking pictures is not) to prove to my sil that there really are trees everywhere.
Back to the picking—unlike most people around these parts (or those who grew up with rain) I am not used to eating fresh fruits/veggies. It is very odd to me to see people pulled over on the side of the road picking blackberries and EATING THEM...
ew, shouldn't those be infused with some sort of something to make them safe? Isn't there dirt on that? Where are the preservatives?? The only thing I think I have ever eaten straight from the tree are pomegranates that we would steal from a neighbor's tree and plums from my Grandpa's trees. 
I thought I would let the kids experience a little of nature's bounty...they had a great time. 



And the strawberries were delish. The next morning they ate all 1.5 pounds before 8AM!

3 people are laughing with me:

Tammy Staley said...

So cool! I remember going strawberry picking when we lived in Germany.
Great pics too.
I only lived in Oregon for 6 months but I LOVED all the trees and GREEN. A little different than here, huh?!

Shelly said...

how'd you do that with your pics [the 3 together]?

The Wades said...

You brought your camera!!!!! I am tearing up right now! Good work, Mom! Cute stuff. Make sure you bring some to us.

Love