Friday, September 25, 2009

Social Security

I am once again going to be contributing to it!! Yessum, I will be working Saturday and Sunday at the YMCA. Unfortunately it won't be at the Y we go to (which is 5 minutes down the road) and is instead in Gig Harbor about 30 minutes away. That really puts a damper on my college football watching. . . but with DVR I won't miss a single Buckeye game!!


Good thing I will be bringing in some (very little) extra income too because {r} is trying out for pre-team gymnastics tonight and {l} is trying out for the next gymnastics level. Both equal paying more money. I really hope {r} makes it because then I no longer have to have the stress of not knowing if she will get to enroll in rec gymnastics (the Y does it by lottery so even though you sign up, you might not get in).

Nothing says I have a college degree like "Welcome to the Y, can I see your card please?" Should be fun! I start October 10.

11 people are laughing with me:

Anonymous said...

think you have a "typo" on your second paragraph. Is tug going to go nuts watching the kids? What hours will you be working?

Keri said...

Social security and TAXES!! May the force be with you!
;o)

Jessica Gordon said...

Congratulations on the job!!!

Amy Caroline said...

Funny you should mention this... I was thinking of applying there as well, just to get a discount on membership!
Good luck with the job!!

Unknown said...

Hey- sounds good! Glad to hear it!

The Wades said...

That's crazy--you not seeing the games live. What a good attitude you seem to have about the whole thing. A little time to yourself might be rather exciting.

The Wades said...

That's crazy--you not seeing the games live. What a good attitude you seem to have about the whole thing. A little time to yourself might be rather exciting.

Erin said...

That's awesome but sounds exhausting! Will Tug wait for you to watch the games? If not, you're going to know the moment you walk in whether OSU won or lost. :)

Tween Lit Crit said...

First, NOW I understand why A is driving me crazy about joining gymnastics! It's all your (childrens' fault).

Second, I'm glad it's at "my" Y. Tug will not be watching the children; they will come to my house and keep my children occupied and thus Regina, Tug, and I will all be happy!

Third, Hey, you've done your part for SS by having children. But, you'll like our little Y. It's nice. And close by us. :)

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

They do look so cute in their leotards...and it's a good thing because they'll fit in them for years because of the whole gymnastics stunts your growth thing. Good luck with the job!

Aubrey said...

I've thought about doing that. I'll have to get back to you in a couple of months and see how you like it!