Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Plus One

Please help us welcome a new addition to the family. I didn't want another one. Tug has been pretty gung ho about another one for quite a bit. {j} is glad to have another boy in the family. That's right, it's a boy. And for those who have known me for a long time, he looks a lot like his long lost brother Drake.


We drove 2 hours today, each way, just to take a looksy. For those who know either Tug or me you know what a looksy means. It means a buy-sy. We of course had to bring him home.


We think he is about a year and a half. He is a rescue dog (from the pound in another county) and while he looks all lab, we aren't sure.


So far he is awesome. SOOOOOO well behaved. He was being fostered so we were able to see him at someone's home and he did great with the kids. They were able to stick their hands in his mouth trying to get his ball without any problems.



When I set his food out I was shoving my hands in his mouth and taking the food bowl away and he just sat there until I gave it back to him.

I ate dinner on the living room floor to test him. He came over but I moved him away and told him to sit/lay which he did and left me alone to eat my dinner. I even put a cheeseburger right up to his nose. He sniffed and slowly opened his mouth, I told him no and pushed his head away. He just laid his head back down and didn't try to go for it again.

We aren't sure if he is housebroken but so far so good. We will see how tonight goes. 
I hope the honeymoon doesn't end!!

His name was Sam but since he hasn't been at the pound that long (so we are figuring he hasn't had the name that long) we decided to change it. He is now Woodrow, aka Woody. 

17 people are laughing with me:

regan said...

he is so pretty! and i hope the honeymoon lasts too...i don't like accidents inside the house. i bet it is so great to have a dog who'll actually listen! we just got a new female american bulldog for our gordo last night and we woke up to find her gone this morning. my little guy was so upset! i was too. we didn't even have a chance to put a collar on her or anything. i hope we can find her, but i don't count on it:(

Sarah - Kala said...

I buysie, too. My Holly (yorkie) would have taken that hamburger so quick I wouldn't have known she did it. She's fast and naughty! We're still working with her, but it's hard when she's at someone else's house being cared for . . . I pray she doesn't get messed up over there. If the gal doesn't kennel her much we'll have problems . . . We'll be in a rental for two or more months (no pets - we looked and couldn't find any that allow pets) and she's willing to keep her until we move into housing, but dang! I love and miss my dog!!

Therese said...

oh I love labs. It is great that he had such good control when you put the cheeseburger up to his nose.

I hope he is a great addition to your family.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Adorable. Playful. Just like the rest of the family.

Heh-heh, you said Woody.

Nikki said...

How cute... I succumbed to allowing Bella (shihtzu) last summer. What a mistake. Yes, she is cute and the girls love her. We just can't stop the accidents. It isn't all her fault, she is only two pounds and has a small bladder so she needs to go out ALL the time.

We might have opted for a bigger dog if we had a bigger yard. Your new addition looks right at home at your place.

Barbara said...

Of course he's a Buckeye! My kids have really been pestering us for a new dog. It's been over a year. Did you contact a rescue group or did someone give you a tip?

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

He's cute and sounds like such a good match. I hope today goes well! Parker is laid back like that too. Such good dogs!

Auntie Nee said...

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY WOODY!!!!

He looks adorable. Hope all is well.

Keri said...

Woody is so very handsome. Congrats on the new addition~

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

oooooh, pretty! I like that name, too.

Shelly said...

regina he is gorgeous!!! he looks like a great doggie!

The Wades said...

He looks like one handsome, sweet fellow. Congrats to all. (especially Tug who could not be denied.)

Erin said...

How fun! Huge congrats! I'm jealous, and also glad you found such a cutie to rescue. Good work, Fergs.

Robin said...

Looks and sounds like a great dog! I wish my puppy behaved that well!

Michaela said...

Congrats on the new member of the family. 8-) Woody is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

The new granddog looks a lot like the rest of the family! Cute boy.

Granny Juju

Aubrey said...

Have fun! I like the idea of adopting animals. Looks like you got a winner. :)