Wednesday, December 9, 2009

i need an answer

during school today {l} and {r} (9 and 6) asked:


But why did Woody have to get neutered. He can't have babies because he is a boy.

I just laughed. What would you have said?

8 people are laughing with me:

Christine said...

My answer: If male dogs don't get neutered, they will often wander away from home. Neutered dogs tend to stay closer to home.

Michaela said...

My answer would have been similar to Christine's.

Barbara said...

Well, male dogs have hormones that make them kind of crazy (kind of like daddies -- but don't tell the kids)! He'll be a nicer doggy without those things.

Angela said...

I would have said that "he might become a deadbeat dad dog if he didn't get neutered."

Ha!

Keri said...

I like Angela's answer~

The Wades said...

It takes a daddy and a mommy--they mate. Mine know and think nothing of it. Animals to it, humans do it--it just happens. If they're asking, they are probably ready to know.

Talk to your children. (That should be read in a commercial/public announcement kind of way.)

So, what did you say?

Aubrey said...

Oh my. The answer to that may just spark some interesting questions about how #5 will be arriving ... without the stork. ;)

Shelly said...

that's why we have a female dog! LOL


;)