Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ice Cream Freeze

{r} had her very first (and hopefully last, twirlers are an odd bunch) baton twirling competition today. She is still new to the sport so doesn't do those amazing things you are probably envisioning. Basically they have a team dance type thingy then they have to march. They do a basic march twice and a military march once. She got first (basic), second (basic) and second (military). I don't know how the team did because we didn't stay for those awards (they award for march right after it is done).

Her winning basic march.
Her military march (started about a half beat late).

Yes, that is a boy next in line. Who knew boys twirled? I sure didn't. Tug looked at {j} and said "When we get home we are going to do some boxing."

And team. Her coach added everything after the handstand yesterday which explains why they look as though they have no clue what is going on.

3 people are laughing with me:

Auntie Nee said...

Well R looked like she practiced it. Great job R loved it!!!

The Wades said...

I loved it too! It was obvious who had the most rhythm. :) Excellent work. I say let her keep doing it. What a fun treat.

elm said...

I wanna play too! I think that I might be able to march and swing a baton a bit... certainly can't join up with the flipping... on the trampoline or otherwise! Great job!!